Saturday, March 1, 2008

Enid, We Never Really Knew Each Other Anyway


First day of March!!!!!!! Woooooo!!!!!! Get excited people!

On Friday, we decided we would take a trip to good ole Enid, Oklahoma, to hit up some disc golf and find a sweet diner. I really didn't realize Enid was so far from Stillwater, but o well, it was an experience.

We got to Enid at about 2 o'clock to look for a good, country diner. We really couldn't find anything after driving around for about 20 minutes. We were about to settle for a somewhat-unique barbecue joint when we came across "Family Style Restaurant." It looked dinerish enough for us.

The place turned out to be called Sue's Place (terrific name, by the way) and Sue was there to wait on us hand and foot. She was the bomb and she gave us directions to the park where the disc golf course was.

The food was not the best and was not worth driving all the way to Enid solely for it. I got the lasagna special (even though I don't really like lasagna. I got the special for the three sides. So, the meal wasn't the best, but it was all worth it for Sue's farewell.

"You're all right." (in the best old lady country voice you can muster)

Glorious, so we found the disc golf course and right away I could tell it was going to suck. The pins were falling apart and looked like trash. We could not tell where the freaking thing started.

The entire course had maybe five or six plaques to mark the tee box. So, we basically had no direction and I think we only played like 15 holes. I dunno. It was a pretty short course though and I'm pretty sure I would have been under par had we figured it out.

The highlight of the trip had to be the mound of dirt on the course that I insisted on playing on like an 8-year-old. It was so awesome. At first I just wanted to stand on top and take a picture, but when I got up there I wanted to jump off the side because it looked awesome.

I was not disappointed. I jumped off about 20 times and got a bunch of sweet pics and videos. It was so awesome. It reminded me of the childish days of youth (or now). Amazing!!!

So, that was about all Enid had to offer and I was pretty much disappointed (except for that dirt mound).

Don't go to Enid.

No comments: