Wednesday, May 7, 2008

STOP


Something is happening. There has been a revolution of messages expressed by way of stop signs. I have noticed this in the past couple of years and it has apparently become the thing to do.

The first one I saw confused me because I had no idea what it meant. I pulled up to a stop sign and saw that someone had spray painted "BUSH" on the sign beneath the word "STOP."

It took me a minute to figure out what was meant by this. But of course, it is a message that says, "Stop Bush." Regardless of whether I agreed with the message, I thought it was a pretty good idea (apart from the whole vandalizing public property thing).

Since then, I have been on the lookout for more messages on signs. I hear it has become a recreational activity to go out for a night on the town with a group of friends spray painting different things on stop signs.

This one I found in Stillwater and is one of my favorites. "Stop buying so much." Could it be more true? This is great social commentary from some faceless vandal. We do buy too much. It seems people feel that fulfillment comes with the more possessions they acquire.

Anyway, the stop sign revolution is going to change the world. Be sure to follow only the best advice from signs. I wonder who started this or where the idea came from.

If I ever spray painted a stop sign, it would say "Stop Lying."

Favorites:

"Stop cheating"
"Stop eating"
"Stop running away"
"Stop chasing dreams" - haha don't follow this one
"Stop thinking about yourself"
"Stop stealing oil"
"Stop doing what you're told" - kind of ironic, right
"Stop following the rules"
"Don't Stop"
"Stop vandalizing" - haha I hope to see this one some day

Doesn't have to be a stop sign
"One way to heaven"
"Yield your life"

Hope to see more or think of some better ones.

No comments: