Wednesday, February 27, 2008

That's the Problem with Angry People



Jumping aboard to talk about something that has really made me laugh as of late. It really is hilarious in my opinion.

So, I went through most of high school (actually most of my life) not worrying about what other people think about me or what I do. Mainly, I acted crazy and wore crazy clothes or costumes on a regular basis.

I am very interested in people's reactions, so I find myself in seemingly awkward situations just to see what kind of reaction I can get. There is nothing better than acting like a fool in some kind of costume and looking at someone's facial response. All people react to differently to an idiot running around screaming in a clown costume.

My favorite reaction is the one I have gotten since arriving at college. It seems that most people in college are unhappy or depressed. Though some things I wear (like my basketball costume the other night - which consisted of really short gym shorts, tall socks, throwback shoes, an afro and headband) generate laughs and jests, sometimes people get angry.

Can you believe that?

They are actually angry with what I am wearing. It is like my presence ruined their day, which just makes dressing up and acting like a fool all the more enjoyable. What causes them to react like this? Does my strange hat really elicit a response as if their dog just died?

Hahaha.

I would hate for something I wore to cause someone to feel miserable or to ruin their perfect day. Do you see the humor in all of this?

People are legitimately hacked off because I look like an idiot. Instead of laughing at how stupid I am or just simply ignoring me, people turn and stare and get pissed off and hate the rest of their day.

The only thing I can figure is that people are upset with my immaturity. Possibly, they are mad that a college student is acting like an immature 6th grader. Still, I don't see why that would upset anyone. It is all just a laughable situation.

My advice to you is to laugh next time you see a fool and not get angry at his weirdness. Maybe he actually thinks it's cool or maybe he is looking for that angry reaction.

Sean and I joke about this, that some guy looks at me in my lamp shade hat and points and angrily says, "Look at that hat. I'm beating that kid up." Haha.

The sad thing is there are people that do think like that. They beat up what's different just because they don't like it. That hasn't happened to me, yet.

No comments: