Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Results on That


How did I do? I'd say I did golden. They ought to put me on the Academy because I'm so good.


First, the actual awards show sucked majorly. Jon Stewart is nowhere near funny and his jokes stalled like no one's business. He has never been funny and he pretty much ruined the show. O well, I hate all that crap anyway. The only thing I care about is the victors.


Daniel Day-Lewis brought it home just like everyone thought he would. What a champion. "My name is Daniel Plainview and I'm an oil man."


My boy Javier Bardem may have shocked a few, but he is definitely well-deserving. His role is going to go down in history as one of the creepiest of all time. Marion Cotillard won for "La Vie En Rose" the actress in a leading role, a category that I got wrong mainly because I had no idea.


Tilda Swinton took home the oscar for best supporting actress. I checked out "Michael Clayton" yesterday and I was highly confused as to why Swinton deserved a win. She really did not do anything. She sat there and looked in the mirror and said a few things. Clayton is a terrific movie, but I do not agree with Swinton's victory.


Ratatouille wins and no surprise there. There Will Be Blood grabs the Cinematography.


My Coen brother boys brought home the full ship Sunday night. They swept it to say the least. They won directing, best picture and adapted screenplay. Geniuses.


The Bourne Ultimatum won the three editing awards in which I am pleased.


Two atrocities littered the oscars this year. First, as we all know I hate Juno so I was completely disappointed when Cody won the original screenplay award. What a loser. The biggest pratfall of the night was the fact that Golden Compass won special effects. I don't know when I have been more upset. Sure, the polar bears were awesome, but we must have seen different movies. Transformers is, like I said, the greatest display of special effects of all time. Screw the Academy.


So, I was 6 for 11 in my prediction which isn't too bad considering the ones I lost in where because I hadn't seen any of those movies (and because the Academy sucks).


Can't wait to catch up on those I missed especially There Will Be Blood.

No comments: