Thursday, December 20, 2007

GOOD MORNING VIETNAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whew! It's been a week since I made it on here. I came down with the big flu/influenza. For the past week. It came at perfect timing too, right as I start my Christmas break. I woke up last Friday feeling like I was going to die, and unfortunately I had two finals that day (I ended the semester with 4 B's and 1 A: not bad, I guess).

So, I'm back.

I watched "Good Morning Vietnam" last night for the first time ever and I simply loved it. Aside from being downright hilarious, the movie touches the censorship of radio during war. Robin Williams gives a terrific performance in a role that at one point was based on an actual character, but turns out to be a complete mockery of the military and the real guy's life.

Forest Whittaker plays a great supporting member as the radio station coordinator/helper. He also provides some comedy as the radio hosts continue to rebel against their superiors.

Just a downright awesome movie and this is a short post because I am exhausted.

GOODBYE VIETNAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: