Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The Best Trip Ever


As I reminisce on Christmas and all it has to offer, I can't help but think about Christmases of the past. The Christmas I am thinking about is the Christmas from two years ago during my senior year in high school.


That was a wonderful Christmas, everything was in order, from the lasting traditions of Christmas Eve and Christmas day to the family celebrations. Everything was absolutely perfect. We all gave and received the best gifts and we did it with sincerity in our hearts.


Then I think of the day after Christmas, the 26th of December, and I think about what happened and I remember that that was the day I embarked on the greatest trip of my life.


That day, me and a group of people from school boarded a plane to Spain. So the 26th was a day of pure travel as we flew from Oklahoma City to Chicago to Munich to Barcelona. Talk about a long flight. The portion from Chicago to Germany was like 14 hours and was easily the longest I had ever been in a plane. I tried to sleep in the plane, but was just too excited about the coming trip, plus I never sleep in any kind of transportation (I was also enamored with the movie channel - unlike anything I had ever seen before).


So, as I reminisce on the 26th of December both in past and present, I remember how awful that day of traveling was, but I assure you the traveling was well worth it.


Today, I count my blessings and I think about how much I love my family. I think about how awesome of a Christmas gift a trip to Spain was. My only regret is I wish I could have taken my family on that trip because I know they would have loved it.


Someday, when we are all rich I will take my family on a trip of a lifetime. And it truly will be.


To all, count your blessings and love on your family.

No comments: